Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #21006 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Watched X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse again today. I'm surprised at how weak I found both of them to be. Poorly choreographed and cut action, not much of an eye for cinema in general, actually. These movies have no visual flair whatsoever. First Class was the same deal.

On top of that, no characters feel all that interesting and the plots are just kind of muddled and sketchy. These movies don't even really work as just simple action movies. Much less as stories with characters and themes worth investing any feelings or thoughts in.

Most surprising to me was how ugly everything looks in Days of Future Past. It's such a bland and garish movie. It somehow manages to have both dulled, unexciting colors and a bad habit of showing non-complimentary colors side by side constantly. It looks revolting. Apocalypse fares better in comparison, but none of these X-Men movies can be accused of having a sense of visual style.

Only decent X-Men movie ever made: The first one from 2000.

One of the only decent super hero movies, really, but that's an entirely different can of worms.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote