Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:49 AM   #1160 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I'm going through all of my dreams in this thread searching for death themes/especially ominous ones. (The irrational part of me thinks that maybe there were signs that my brother was going to die. So, yeah, perhaps not the healthiest thing to be doing late at night. Still, though. I had far more death-related dreams this year than I've ever had before.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara
Dreamed that I died (I don't remember how I died) and was so relieved that I was dead. It happened while I was preparing to attend a carnival in some very green, hilly place near the sea. (...) I was in some place very close to the earthly realm so I assumed most of them had died very recently as well. One was this older, slightly heavy-set man on a roof who said he was being tormented by a (dead) woman in white who was skulking around the premises.

I bonded instantly with this other dead person who appeared as a young male 20-something with short, dark brown hair, dark eyes, (edit: like my brother :c ) and a white t-shirt with some odd black design on it. I think he had been training to become a pilot in life, or something like that. He kept disappearing and reappearing elsewhere. We were all rapidly fading away. I was becoming terribly restless and agitated because, as I said, I wanted to completely leave the earthly realms; I didn't want to be anywhere near them. I kept saying to all the others, "There's other doors! There's other doors! We have to find the other doors!"
Quote:
(...)I decided it was time for me to die. In this dreamworld, assisted suicides during which you were awake or partially awake during your funeral were commonplace, so I went with that. It lasted hours and hours; I had a helper who stayed by my side and explained things. I mostly just felt sleepiness. As I grew sleepier, I kept asking more and more questions and hallucinating a bit; I felt and saw myself walking down a street I used to live on and asked a flower (a rose with a human mouth with teeth and all), "After I die will I be whole again? Will I rejoin with all of the lost parts?'' and it said, "Yes, but it will be more difficult for you, because, well..." and it turned away. I nodded. My helper continued talking to me gently, announcing that I was changing (appearance-wise), and that my two children "from before" were there now.
The funeral ceremony itself wasn't allowed to begin until I was asleep so as not to cause any panic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiomara
(...)The cat just roamed around town, occasionally disappearing and then reappearing in another place, and I followed it wherever it went. We reached a door-- the same door that one of my old houses had. It was purring now, and I let it out and that's all I remember.

The actual lyrics to the Gillian Welch song that was in my dream included this line: "I dreamed last night that my time was done / I dreamed last night that my time was done / And my soul flew up to the holy son"
Quote:
Dreamed I was shown how to access another realm via a place in my dream. It seemed like a place where the newly-dead went; I got the impression that it was the outermost part/layer of an extremely vast world, far more vast than the physical and not to dissimilar from the dream-world in terms of how endless it was. It (this opening/portal/whatever) was first shown to me after walking down a very long path on the edge of a field. The path was just a wide sidewalk, I think. The field was to my right, and completely covered in mist and dew. When I approached the opening I began seeing figures in the mist; most of them looked like people, and they were all going in different directions. Some seemed confused or a bit off. (Strangely, most of those people were wearing school uniforms and had disfigured or burned-looking faces) There were people behind me during the walk to this place though, including an old lady wearing a long scarf. Someone said or implied that the people were mostly human spirits.
(...) Eventually I was in another place (same situation though), a house in a quiet neighborhood. This, too felt like an in-between place. My whole family was there. Plus two strangers. One was a man (50-something, tanned skin, short reddish-blonde hair) sitting alone on a couch with his dog-- a large dog with either white or beige-y/tan colored fur, which was laying to his right on the couch. He kept looking out the window expectantly; he seemed a bit sorrowful and confused. He kept mumbling something like "They're [his family] coming back soon." That wasn't going to happen, though. I think he was dead, or would be dead soon.
Quote:
It was Christmas and I was attending a wake at a stranger's house.(...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiomara
(...)Time was moving backward; it was late afternoon, or only early evening now but the storm persisted. Again they tried to let the wolf in the house but I didn't let them. I kept thinking of all the truck driver lore and other stories claiming that black dogs were a sure omen of death.
:/