Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #1941 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Loopyness
Artist: Lee Burridge and Lost Desert
Genre: Deep House/Techno/Electronic
Nationality: English
Release date: May 19
Position in Discography: Thirteenth (kind of: he's a producer who works with other artists so it's hard to say for certain)
Estimated Rating:

Have I heard of this artist? No
Average RYM Score: 3.00
More techno and house music; three tracks only on this album, and to be fair none of them are mega-long, with the longest coming in just shy of ten and a half minutes. It's that one, the title track in fact, which opens the album and it's a bouncy, dancy but not too harsh techno track that's very repetitive, though with a ten minute running length I'd hope it will have some variation over its span. Well, it really kind of didn't. I mean, they brought some guitars in, but essentially it seemed to me as if it stayed more or less the same all the way through. Still, it didn't drag, so that's something.

I guess people more into this music will see all the little nuances and differences, but to me it seems to be still the same song although we're now onto track two. Not that it's bad music, but I didn't realise that we had segued into the next one. Third one does sound a little different, but while this is surely good music to dance to, decent background music and will satisfy those into making this kind of music, who will be able to see all the little tricks being used, it's hard to review. So I can't. But I did enjoy what I heard.

Check out more from this artist? It's not beyond the bounds of possibility
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating: