Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Map to the Treasure: Reimagining Laura Nyro" by Billy Childs
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
See, I knew our recent agreement wouldn't last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Man, I can't relate to any of you.

To me, this is a beautiful album, full or rich, colorful, detailed music. Well performed in every way. Downright inspired vocalist choices by Mr. Childs and I've grown to love every song on the album.

I originally got this recommendation from Ted Gioia's best of 2014 list and I won't hesitate to call it one of my top favorite albums of that whole year.

This is spirited and heartfelt music, played with both gusto and fine feeling. Not to mention the sound quality of this recording is immensely satisfying.

Needs stripping down? Getting "roughed up"? **** that.

I might as well just get used to the idea that I hardly feel connected to anyone in here in terms of musical tastes. That's not me being butthurt (allthough my butt does hurt a wee bit) - it's just me seeing what I should have seen sooner.

I'm not saying that I'm quitting the album club, but I really have no idea what to pick next. I feel like I'm from another planet, musically speaking.
Do a Judie Tzuke one. At least you know I'll support you. Unless it's Ritmo.