Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #9922 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Because people who've just had their hearts and souls ripped out will take any shoulder offered to cry on. And the POTUS is a big ****ing shoulder.
With everyone and their mother sending truckloads of thoughts and prayers, I think that shoulder duty is covered. Plus, I have a feeling that these kids would feel a lot better if Trump actually did something to prevent issues like this in the future than if he uttered platitudes at them.

Quote:
Sincerity is not the point.
You're the smartest guy I know, Chula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I guess it depends on the President. Someone like Reagan or Obama tended to come off as genuine while someone like Clinton maybe you wondered if he was pandering for votes. I don't know who was sincere or not with the possible exception of Trump who's an absolute nitwit who doesn't have a clue about what he's doing. Anyway, I like to think that most of the Presidents (even Clinton) meant well when they offered sympathies.
They're ****ing politicians. Even if they did feel something resembling sympathy in their chest cavity, it's pandering for votes every time.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote