Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Map to the Treasure: Reimagining Laura Nyro" by Billy Childs
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #62 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

I can't believe I have to defend myself here. I joined this place because I thought I had enough expertise in the genres I'm especially interested in (sixties, some punk/new wave, some folk and blues). Maybe I don't know about Arnold Fleabiter and his Corny Jazz Quintet or whoever I'm supposed to be familiar with. That doesn't mean I don't have a certain appreciation for jazz, country, and even some metal (Hip Hop- yeah, I'm only familiar with the big hitters, only a couple of who I like).

Anyway, I never came here pretending to be the big expert on everything. You always learn something new and I do like to learn about new things here.

But, frankly, I'd much rather try out music from people like Mic and Troll. At least they're not so arrogant if you happen not to agree with them.

Anyway, maybe we should get back to the OP. Mic, why didn't Billy Childs cover this?

rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote