Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #9960 (permalink)
GunmouthGrace
blah

I am so ****ing stoked about the Discovery Tour update for AC Origins.

Seriously, this is so awesome. I can choose to walk around as Caesar and sweep a villa floor like a commoner, or parkour up the side of the Alexandria lighthouse as Cleopatra. You can even run around as a child and jump off high cliffs and not die because you take no damage at all.

I'm already a sucker for anything Ancient Egypt related, and I'm loving getting to learn about such a wide variety of topics... how they made bread and beer, for instance. What we know of their mummification process, theories on how the pyramids may have been built, the geography and history of the Nile, etc.

Some people have complained about how Ubisoft censored some in-game statues (they placed seashells over female breasts and male crotches), but I actually don't fault Ubisoft tbh. They wanted to attain at least a T rating since they're also selling the Discovery Tour as a seperate thing entirely for use in classrooms, and if that's the sacrifice they had to make... eh. Not really a big deal.

None of the actual, historical art (statues, paintings, mosaics) from museums that you can see when selecting 'more info' during a tour is censored, anyway.
GunmouthGrace is offline   Reply With Quote