Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:53 AM   #102 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

(Post 1/2)

Here's some music/muzak for you to enjoy/be tormented by. I like all of it, of course.

Creepy Nuts(R-指定&DJ松永) / かいこ

Yes, this Japanese group is named "Creepy Nuts".

Infected Rain - Mold

Infected Rain - Stop Waiting

Sounds very nu-metal, but with a dash of metal core. I think they could become a pretty good band if they keep at it. They've got some hooks and good sounding production. I won't hesitate to say that I'd rather listen to this than a lot of the samey, gray noise getting produced right now under the banner of metal. I find the pop sensibilities of this band refreshing.

JINJER - Words Of Wisdom

JINJER - Sit Stay Roll Over

JINJER - Just Another

Unlike the above group, Infected Ran - who I take some kind of interest in - I'm 100% sure that I genuinely like Jinjer. I bought their album King of Everything recently, but I don't have a full opinion on it yet. When this band is firing on all cylinders, they're making me think that maybe mainstream metal isn't in such a sorry state after all.

Deftones - Acid Hologram

Deftones - Beware

Honestly, for years and years I didn't like this band at all. It's only recently that they've somehow suddenly clicked with me. Perhaps it's that I've listened to so much modern metal over the last few years. My ears have become accustomed to the sounds of -core this and that nu-metal that - no longer only understanding and respecting the sounds of old-guard metal. All of a sudden, Deftones seem like a band that I could grow to like quite a bit.

Last edited by MicShazam; 02-24-2018 at 06:57 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote