Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #48825 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
lol

Very Oscar Wildelike.
It's curious that you say that - I am compared to Wilde with some frequency! Though I confess that my knowledge of the fellow is painfully inadequate. I understand that often people are drawing parallels to our respective outlandish attire, but I'm not directly familiar with his philosophy. Forgive me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If cleaning the tub and wiping grease off the wall is daily for you and that’s like monthly **** to me wouldn’t be reasonable to do that deep clean stuff like every ten days or so? You don’t like cleaning his **** but he doesn’t like cleaning **** that doesn’t need to be cleaned (from his POV)
Another reasonable observation; thank you. I did arrive at that on my own after some time and realized that I was exhausting myself unnecessarily. I settled into a routine of asking him to clean up after himself only after permitting a fair window of opportunity for him to do it on his own and only when the mess reached a threshold of my tolerability.

The tub was a slow build up of his failure to employ the simple maintenance steps I'd previously requested, and I let it go for a few months before reaching my breaking point. The routine of expired food requires weekly follow ups or else I find mold forming on mysterious takeaway substances that he and his partner neglect indefinitely until I raise the issue.

Basically, any mess will remain a permanent fixture until I voice a concern. There are candy bar wrappers on my dining room table that he's left for about a week and I'm almost tempted to see if they outlast him as an experiment.

My sincerest apologies for prattling on. He is my burden to bear for accepting him into my home to begin with and I'll be rid of him soon enough. It will be marvelous to have my peace back and to be able to invite company over again one day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote