Music Banter - View Single Post - Rush officially calling it quits.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 06:32 AM   #36 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
To be honest I really disliked the albums between Power Windows and Clockwork Angels. I didn't buy a single one of them. They all have some great stuff but a lot of them were trying to hard or simply falling back on cliches.
I agree for the most part. Songs like Time Stand Still and Turn the Page from Hold Your Fire still get me a little misty, and then there was a large stretch where Peart was channeling his inner struggles, but finally hit home (for me anyway) with Counterparts. Cut to the Chase, and Cold Fire are Rush at the best they could be at that point in their career. Cold Fire has some intense cymbal riding when it gets moving, and Alex's solo is simple yet powerful. I love this tune, such a great slow burn feel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
So glad they went out with CA. That album kicks serious ass! And I love how they quote bits and parts from their classic years. The perfect Swan Song IMO.

PLANK, couldn't agree more!!! Feel the same way about Zep's I'm Gonna Crawl, their last official release. (Coda was old outtakes that were released to satisfy a contract with Atlantic Records)
We could be talking about Quantum Mechanics and it'd somehow come back to Zep at some point. That's an endearing quality you have.

How 'bout that cover album Rush did, ey?