Music Banter - View Single Post - What’s the white trashiest music ever?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I...I can't tell if you're being ironic or not.
You don't have much faith in me, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Shazam

Could you name the top five danish white trash bands?
Sure, we've got lots of white trash music.

Østkyst Hustlers - Han får for lidt

This terrible band ("East Coast Hustlers") was pretty big here in the 90's.
Maybe they deserve a micro-gram of credit for being sort of tongue in cheek, but it's still terrible, whitebread rap.

The above song is about a guy who "gets too little [insert slang term for vagina] and too much hand".

Nephew - Igen og Igen ("Again and Again")

Not the worst, but they were huge for several years and you could count on every young working class person to be a fan. (There's not quite a Danish equivalent of trailer parks. Somewhat less contrast between middleclass and working class).

Medina - Når Intet Er Godt Nok ("When nothing is good enough")

Huge some years ago. Still pretty big. Again, on reflection, not really that bad. Generally, a lot of Danish mainstream pop just walks in the footsteps of US and GB pop trends. This song at least has a chorus melody that draws unmistakably on Danish pop history.

Nik & Jay - Lækker ("Hot" or "sexy")

I ****ing hate this duo. They made the 00's intolerable if there was a radio nearby. I never met anyone with a brain who liked this group. Or who would admit to it, at least.

EDIT: I forgot a 5th. In guess I'll let the following video speak for itself, except I'll reveal that the song title literally means "moldy ass".
Oh and the video is shot in my city...

Last edited by MicShazam; 03-01-2018 at 12:41 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote