Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Embarrassing Record in Your Collection
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I can't really say I'm feeling embarassed. But there's plenty of things that I know will be looked down on.
I routinely bring up much of the music that would be least respected by other music nerds or MB'ers, so I'll try to pick a few I might not have mentioned or mentioned much:

Velcra - Consequences of Disobedience

Finnish nu-metal.

Guano Apes - Bel Air (and most of their other albums)

Alternative metal/nu metal act that in the 2010's became a poppy alt-rock band.

Arven - Black is the Colour (plus their debut)

None of you will know this band, and none of you would approve.

Ynwie Malmsteen - Rising Force

Other artists that I maybe should feel embarassed about, but don't:

Deftones, Helloween, Nightwish (only the 3 newest albums. Tarja sucks.), After Forever (1 specific non-sucky album), Julia Fordham*, Gloria Estefan, Heather Nova (chick music? She's really good though.), Alanis Morisette, Katy Perry, Kylie Minogue, Lady Gaga, and I'm wondering if people are terrible enough to consider Melody Gardot something to be embarassed about? (wouldn't make any sense, but I also wouldn't be surprised!)

*Just found out she did an album or a song with Paul Reiser. Huh... how about that? Do all movie stars eventually appear in a song? Seems so. I'm also pretty sure Scarlett Johansson has an album of Tom Waits covers (which I once almost bought. Tru story.)
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote