Music Banter - View Single Post - The Psy-Fi Recommends Cumbia Albums To Janszoon Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm slowly checking these albums and I have to tell you I am fucking loving that Sonido Gallo Negro album. Weirdly enough, I feel like quite a few of the tracks would fit in very well on the Repo Man soundtrack. I'm listening to "El Ventarron" right now and it really makes me want to hop into a flying Chevy Malibu. This album is seriously like all the best aspects of exotica and surf rock rolled into a sweet cumbia package.

Here's another group from Peru which were mostly an instrumental, electric guitar-driven cumbia group and are credited with being the forerunners of the chicha sound.
Like the previously mentioned "Los Diablos Rojos" they have much in common with instrumental surf-rock groups like The Ventures.
This album is a recently released compilation of some of their more psychedelic tunes from 1968 to 1975 and while the band was primarily rooted in cumbia, this CD features them playing several different styles of music in addition to cumbia...

Los Destellos - Sicodélicos (2016)

Los Destellos

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote