Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #21085 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I feel like you should finish Melancholia, it's very interesting. Dancer in the Dark is still worth the watch too imo. Very different animal for von Trier, save for the absolute emotional devastation.

Well I do like all of those, but if you weren't into them then you should watch the Pusher trilogy. Really great action films that I feel are much more accessible than his later films. Make sure to not watch the American remake.

Oh **** and Bronson too. It has a more coherent plot than the 3 films that you've watched and is his best film by far. One of the best films ever made actually.
Yeah ok, Melancholia will get another shot eventually. I did want to see what would happen with the comet and all that. Dancer in the Dark feels mostly inescapable because it's an earlier film by Trier and that he might have been better once than what I know from him. And I guess Björk is a plus. Same goes for the Pusher movies. Maybe Refn used to be less annoying. Is it possible both directors have settled into a bit of a comfort zone late in their careers?

I don't see many people mention Bronson. I keep forgetting it's even a Refn movie. The IMDB synopsis sounds trippy: "A young man who was sentenced to seven years in prison for robbing a post office ends up spending three decades in solitary confinement. During this time, his own personality is supplanted by his alter-ego, Charles Bronson."

EDIT: Oh and I mean to watch this one some day. It's partially Trier, but I'm sure you at least know about it: "De Fem Benspænd".
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote