Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #7488 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

1. My parents always taught me that getting drunk alone was someting losers do, so I feel guilty whenever I solo-binge (which I do quite rarely and moderately, btw). To this day, I still pretend that I only drink with friends if I'm asked. Can you relate?

I prefer to drink alone. Or, with a small handful of people I like at their place, my place, or on rare skype video calls. It's just cheaper. Plus I'm less likely to risk driving or having to leave my car in a bar parking lot, etc.

2. Do you like any mainstream pop music? If not, why not?

Some of it. Most of it just irritates me though. Not necessarily the music itself so much as that the music just serves to remind me of the thing behind the music there, the Billboard Top 100. If you do your historical research on radio music, you'll learn some really ****ed up stuff. There's a beautiful music documentary on it called Before The Music Dies. Watch that. It's got interviews with everyone from Dave Matthews to the guy who wrote Jewel's first hit single, to some of the guys in Funkadelic. I largely consider it to be one of the best music documentaries made. More or less the punchline of it being, as video killed the radio star, radio kind of killed live music. Watch it, you'll see what I mean. Before The Music Dies.

3. Do you feel like you're still going somewhere, in terms of your musical tastes, or have you sort of "settled"?

My interests keep evolving. I try to maintain genreless, artistically speaking. I find it limiting to try to think in terms of categorization these days.

4. Would you ever go vegetarian or vegan?

No. Although I don't personally give a **** about someone else's food choices. I did joke with my guitarist years ago how before we do a black metal show I'd like to come out with a "Save The Whales" sign and basically act like an idiot but he unfortunately takes it too seriously for me to actually do that sort of ****.

5. I sometimes think being attracted to women's legs is kind of weird, but damn, there's a 10x chance that I'll turn my head after a long-legged lady and walk into a lamp post than if it's someone with a big bust walks by me. Do you non-leg men get this attraction at all? And for the MB ladies: Do you even care about mens legs? Is that a thing?

I've been with all sorts of different kinds of women. I don't really care too much about looks, it's just an initial attraction for me. It's if they can conversationally keep up with me or not, that's usually the factor. But, I also don't really date much anymore these days. For one thing, I have absolutely zero interest in marriage and children and that's not subject to really change either, unless I hit the lottery or something.

6. How often do you think about the brevity of life?

Mostly Daily, or roughly three or four days at least out of a week, every week for the last five or six years or so. Although, I find it the mental focus of Death and its inevitability to be a very positive and motivating focal point and experience. It also makes handling irrational and aggressive people easier. It's literally part of my morning routine to spend three hours in that focus before a difficult shift at work.