Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #2046 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Chapter Two: Red
Artist: Bea Miller
Genre: Pop
Nationality: American
Release date: June 2
Position in Discography: Third EP
Estimated Rating:

Have I heard of this artist? Yes
Have I heard anything by this artist? Yes
Average RYM Score: 3.35
Back in February I reviewed the previous EP from Miller and I seem to have liked it a lot. This, like that one, is a mere three tracks, and as I said originally, it's hard to judge an artist on the basis of three songs. So now I have the opportunity to do so on the basis of six songs. Still not a lot, but I'm expecting big things from this, as it's basically a continuation of the previous release, the second of three which eventually made up most of her debut album, released earlier this year. And initially at any rate I'm not disappointed, with the opener a powerful bitter accusatory stab at a lover (I assume) with a great slow thumping beat, the next is more uptempo, with a real punch, while the closer returns to the slower, darker atmosphere of the first track, with a rap added by, well, it doesn't say. Another good slice of dark-ish mature pop from a woman who, again, I would think, is one to watch.

Check out more from this artist? Yes
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating: