Music Banter - View Single Post - The Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LPs were great but clearly Relapse was the best
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

No. While Eminem at his best is better than his contemporaries, at horrorcore I prefer Twiztid. Actually, according to Monoxide, they showed Eminem an early version of Murder Murder Murder when they were still House Of Krazees and Eminem told them he was going to flat out steal that idea because Mono was talking about killing his wife/GF in that song.

I agree with the fact that horrorcore is at it's best when being pulled from a personal place or given more meaning than just being shock. Like Tech N9ne has done that a lot when he actually does horrorcore. His song Pinocchihoe where he plays a cannibal that always eats the women he performs cunnilingus on because he can't help him self was supposed to about how he feels his insatiable lust destroys all of his romantic relationships. Or BLH has this whole really hard to follow plot in his Mannibal Lecter trilogy where where the cannibalism was supposed to mirror his own rap career or sumn. I think Eminem's Relapse is really underrated, but as a horrorcore album it's no more clever than King Gordy or BLH. On top of that the beats were really trite and cliche. In the past with songs like Amityville, Kill You, Kim & Remember Me there's just a really believable, passionate and personal hatred put into those songs that you can feel while Relapse or any newer attempt at darker songs has kind of this emotionless forced feeling to it.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote