Music Banter - View Single Post - What if music got erased from earth?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

Human history without music would be odd, and interesting. Considering the historical significance of drums and singing. Although to a degree I guess it depends on what you consider music to be, really. Over time I've come to understand it personally as just an arrangement of tones and frequencies. Part of why I love music so much is because it's so subjective that it really is a different experience every time you immerse yourself into it, unless of course you choose to revisit the same experiences with it. I'd imagine the renaissance, baroque, and classical periods would all have been quite boring without music, at least to me. A few years ago I was able to recall some memories of how I understood life before I started playing an instrument when I was 15. My perception of music and of the world was totally different before that experience. Even now it seems like a totally different world to me to not understand music how I do. But it's also one of the more interesting topics there is because it's a phenomenon that everyone experiences differently and so there is really no right or wrong way to experience music. Except for possibly if someone is incredibly off key, lol. But even then the piece might be written that way on purpose, we wouldn't know.