Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums never talked about
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

Slint - Tweez gets overlooked a lot due to the facts that it sounds sort of like a jazzy Big Black tribute album, and that Spiderland "revolutionized indie," but how can you possibly complain about an album that sounds like... a jazzy Big Black tribute album?

Dinosaur Jr. - Dinosaur - most people go for You're Living All Over Me when they talk about great Dinosaur Jr. albums, but I really have a thing for their debut, especially considering it had basically the first ever grunge song, which is cool if you're into that sort of thing.

Tool - Opiate, again, really good debut, overshadowed by their later stuff, but a hell of a lot heavier and darker than most of their later stuff, if you're feeling pissed off or something.

Pere Ubu - Terminal Tower. Hey, did you know Pere Ubu were sort of a kind of punk band at one point? Yeah, it's true. (Rocket From The Tombs as a group gets overlooked a lot too, considering that they were playing Sonic Reducer in '75 but weren't 'punk' until they split up and half of 'em started Dead Boys)

Sonic Youth - Confusion is Sex. Sometimes you need to put your indie aside and get with some no wave. Or I do, at least.

There's probably a couple others. Can't think at the moment.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote