Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 07:27 PM   #7542 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yeah me too. I assume he means unimpeded by the speed of light. But even if you just had your regular life span without relativity coming into play the time limitation might be enough of a hindrance to make time travel on whatever earth is more inticing. Like can you go back to what the earth was before the Big Bang? Can you go far enough into the future on whatever remains of earth (matter cannot be created or destroyed) to see past the end of the universe? So it all depends on how TH defines earth. If it’s just this recognizable sphere with these oceans then space without a doubt. Then with space it’s like ok even inside black holes, into whatever dark matter is with some way to navigate it, into other dimensions if they exist, if we’re in a multiverse then....
If I can explore other worlds then I'm down. The feeling of stepping on a planet where there is no life and you can just imagine the claustrophobia of there being not a single lifeform on a planet besides yourself on a planet the size of the earth... Jesus, there can be nothing to compare that to. And if I can make first contact with an alien race, then... what else could possibly be worth that?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote