Music Banter - View Single Post - Please explain: Why do you dislike U2/Bono??
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
SeaShells
taking it all in

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Gee, comparing a band you dont like to a man who has killed thousands of innocent people, good to know you are being rational.

I like U2, so you can all hate me for it, i also cant believe that some of you are calling bad haircuts and a members sexlife a good reason to hate a bands music.
This is one of the most intelligent posts I have read in MB. It applies to so many threads.

To everyone who has posted here, thank you for enlightening me on your thoughts of U2. I agree that Bono can be a bit of a wanker sometimes (wanker = tosser to non-aussies) and I really don't go for all that "save Africa" propaganda. It's their music I love and not their political agenda. Yes some of their albums do sound similar but that is a reason why you like a band. I wouldn't want them to produce a completely new sound for each album. (They tried that with Zooropa and the least said about that the better!)

Full credit to the person who said "Their music does nothing for me." That is a much more respectable reason to dislike them than who the drummer was screwing or the ipod adds.

Anyway, thanks again for all your replies (even yours, Mr Hatemonger).