Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #10156 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Can the dude be a bigger a-hole? His two silver spoon fed dickhead sons are dancing the jig. I absolutely HATE entitled rich people like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1d0dbd61054d
^ Yes, this is nauseating news, but well worth posting. For anyone too lazy to click on link, the headline reads, " Trump administration quietly makes it legal to bring elephant parts to the U.S. as trophies". So it really is a can't-believe-that-news-story ítem. After decades of consensus among environmentalists and animal lovers, I can't believe that Trump is making such a retrograde step, effectively declaring that endangered species are there for rich people to kill for sport. It's as unbelievable as it is creepy.

But as with his other policies on environmental issues, tax cuts, mounting national debt and heavy industry, his attitude is always, "Screw the next generation, I'm going to get mine now," and unfortunately a lot of short-sighted Trumpets seem to agree, even though it's the reverse of responsable government, or the stewardship of resources from one generation to the next.

The article also re-itterates a warning made in this thread already;

"Trump reversal of elephant trophy ban underscores the need to watch what he does, not what he says".