Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #10195 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
the financial sector is full of idiots who routinely crash the economy and then shake their heads like "omg what happened!"

I don't think it's ever been true that leadership anywhere was actually smarter than anyone

sometimes but not even guaranteed, they are more educated simply because the same education wasn't offered to the common person
Those people spent many years of their life learning about the economy. They built their futures learning about the economy. They fed their children learning about the economy. No matter how wrong they were, do you honestly think you had more reason to learn about the economy than they did? I'm sure those arrogant ****s tried their absolute ****ing hardest, and would have been displaced by smarter ****s if they weren't up to snuff. And yet they still failed. And I honestly don't know that anyone else could have done better.

I don't see the Recession as evidence that other people could have done better. I see it as possible evidence that humanity is simply not intelligent enough to understand a global economy, being branch hopping poo flingers and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
But you guy's know everything.

This is basically you not having the slightest idea how you've ended up as a political nonentity.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote