Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #2132 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Trouble Maker
Artist: Rancid
Genre: Punk Rock/Ska Punk
Nationality: American
Release date: June 9
Position in Discography: Ninth
Estimated Rating:

Have I heard of this artist? No
Average RYM Score: 2.99
When this started I could have sworn I was listening to “Ace of Spades”, but no, it's much more fun than even that. Talk about your breakneck speed and your short, short songs. Some of these songs don't even reach much over the minute mark, and the longest is the epic (!) “Telegraph Avenue”, clocking in at a massive three minutes and nineteen seconds. And every second of this is fun, fun, fun! I've said it before – and it has been disproved on the odd occasion, but more often than not it seems to be true – maybe I've given punk a bad rap and should listen to more. That sound is elphenor banging his head on his desk and screaming in dismay that I might trespass upon his sacred territory. He's **** out of luck.

The ska part really comes through on “Where I'm Going”, and there seems to be a bit of the old Celtic Punk too leaking in, on songs like “Buddy”, and “Bovver Rock and Roll” sounds like they're channelling Status Quo! Been a while since I had so much fun listening to music. Cool to the max.
Check out more from this artist? Oh **** yeah
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating: