Music Banter - View Single Post - So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Well, I genuinely hope so, but we have lost so many good members from here that I don't share your confidence, MLM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Wow. This is really sad. Trollheart has been one of my friends and favourite members on here for years. He has contributed an enormous and positive amount of material, generating music discussion, reviews, clubs, games and threads.

That he finds the atmosphere on MB so disagreeable, is imo, an indictment of how we conduct ourselves as a forum. Instead of valuing and supporting members, there is, as Trollheart and many others have noted, far too much cheap sniping and personal attacking going on. An example, and just because it's on the screen in front of me, is Occult Hawk's comment about menopause. This is insulting to Trollheart and insulting to women. Of course, humorous intention, friendly sarcasm are sometimes difficult to convey online, so it's possible to mis-read what someone intends, but on the face of it, OH's comment is just a nasty personal put-down of the kind which, I suspect, has driven many worthy members away. If Trollheart is now a casualty of this trend as well, this is truly a sad day for MB.