Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #2190 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Rubber Soul isn't wrong.

This place has a particular attitude. It has an aggressive and insensitive culture. I'm not going to argue that those are inherently bad things, but I will definitely tell you it's the reason we lose so many contributors over the years. Rubber Soul, Trollheart, Pet Sounds, Mojo, NSW, Jack Pat, Stu, Bob, Tore, Sequioidedae, Engine, Dankrstra, Cunning Stunt, on and on and on goes the list of people who eventually get alienated by the general mood around here.

The attitude never changes, just the target does. Before Trollheart, the big targets were Kii, Sansa, Franco, etc. And the rest of us get tired of it and leave, some for a while (me), some forever (see above).

Now it's fine if, as a forum, we don't value intensive discussion that much. I get that, I'm a lazy person and I rarely read well-thought posts, let alone post them, but the least we can do is be aware that this is one of the trade-offs we are making when we tolerate and encourage abrasive personalities. I ain't telling anybody to change, I just want to mention it out loud.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote