Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #2202 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I can't make up my mind how bad I think the atmosphere on this forum can be, since I tend to avoid the ****storms when they do happen.

The relaxed, sometimes harmlessly rude tone of conversation is something I wouldn't want to change, but there's a point where banter can cross over into something unconstructive. But at the same time, it's partially a question of personal limits. I remember how Rubber Soul got outraged that Kiii or someone called him Condom Soul, even though it's obviously just a jokey pun based on his user name. But in other cases, lines may have been crossed.

I totally understand if some people don't want to participate in this atmosphere, and it's no doubt causing some people to stay away, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say this forum has a problem.

But then again, maybe some things said during the last 12 months would count as bullying, but I don't know, since, again, I don't really participate in mud slinging and don't read it either.

My personal rule is: Go for the ball, not the player. Can't go wrong with that.

Ahh... I don't know. I can't really have a strong opinion about any of this when I don't feel like I have any overview of what's really been said between various users.

I'm just glad I'm not a mod!

Actually, this comment is basically meaningless.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote