Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #1556 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Okay, let's do this.
There may be some ambiguity to be had from my post, but if you look, not really. I said "round six is coming up and now that I look I haven't had albums from Frown and TLP for this round." THIS then refers to THIS CURRENT round. Had I meant round six, I would probably have said this coming round or that round or the next round, and anyway, as at that point I had received no albums for round six from ANYONE, why would I pick out two people at random? I was saying: "Round six is nearly here. Oh, and look! For round five, we still may have two albums to go." It was a realisation that, although I thought round six would be here in two weeks, there might be another two to go as I had yet to include albums from either of those two for round five.
Man, this is exhausting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
English is the only language you can look kinda dumb for both knowing and following grammar rules and for not knowing the grammars.

When I read that I made the assumption "this" was in reference to "round six." My bad for tracing the antecedent of "this" back to "round six." Supposedly one could had said "the current round" or "round five" just to clarify but they didn't and confusion followed. I am no better. I failed to mention "round six"in my post, and that confused Occult Hawk. There is a lot of confusion going on in this thread.
In fairness now, everyone else seemed to get it. I'm not ragging on your lack of comprehension of English (I know you said you have some difficulty sometimes - did you say English is not your first language? Or something to do with dyslexia?) Anyway, I understand how you might have got confused, but as nobody else did, I have to take it that there was nothing wrong with my post and it was just an unfortunate misinterpretation of it by you. Sorry for any confusion.
Moving on.
Quote:

I feel like you are "gas lighting" me. I meant look at the evidence:
Of course I am. Not. Or am I?
Quote:
  • You conveniently leave out my name when you do review of member's journals in "The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread."
  • When do I do that? Point it out, please. I've always made it a point of pride that I include everyone (except Aux-in, who specifically requested I leave him out) and if I miss someone, post, and then realise or am advised of it, I will make amends. I don't think I ever passed over your entries. The only time I would do that is a) if you posted after the deadline or b) if you had nothing in your journal for that month bar maybe a comment replying to someone or anything else I would not consider an actual entry. But I'm not perfect and I may have made a mistake. If so, please enlighten me because at the moment, this is news to me.
    Quote:
  • This is your project, you're the host, but you conveniently not give Blurred Crusade the full Trollheart treatment with long paragraphs and MPH jpegs.
  • I gave other people's albums short reviews too. Don't be getting upset or feeling like you were picked on. I was busy, and the album didn't speak to me, or give me the incentive to write more. That was all. Don't be developing a Joan of Arc complex now.
    Quote:
  • You conveniently quit right before my album was up Why? So you wouldn't have to post my album: Freight Train and Other North Carolina Folk Songs - Elizabeth Cotten. Now that Occult Hawk posted it you're back.
Well of course EVERYTHING was about your album. I was/am actually looking forward to hearing it. No: I threatened to/was intending to quit for the reasons clearly outlined in my post. Nothing more. If I had wanted to avoid your album, I would have just said I was too busy.
Quote:
I don't care how insane this sounds. I am being gas lighted. If I look for thinking that, then that is the whole point of being gas lighted. Needless to say you are the master gas lighter.
We actually cook with electricity here. Sorry.