Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #1338 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'm not starting a campaign here or anything, but in the light of what happened here this weekend, I'd ask the mods to just take a look at how they're policing, or not, the forum. Like almost everyone else I assume, I don't want the fun here to be curtailed, and I'm more than happy to take my share of "attacks", but as we've seen, there can be occasions where it has quite clearly gone too far.

In those circumstances, I'd just like to suggest that a quick "cool it guys" or "stop with the personal stuff" post from a mod might be a good way of a) telling the person pushing things too far that they're pushing things too far and b) letting the person on the receiving end know that someone has noticed that things are getting out of hand and is doing something about it.

I'm certainly not asking for bans or anything, and I don't expect every conversation or thread to be monitored with draconian rigidity - nobody wants that - but I'm sure more than one mod will admit he or she has seen things escalate and thought "hell with it; they can sort it out between themselves", and just looked the other way. Nine out of ten times, yes, this works, but for the tenth, when it looks like things are getting too heavy, a small but firm intervention would I believe help in most cases.

Of course, when it's a mod who's guilty of doing the pushing, well then, that's another matter, but one for that person him or herself to realise they've stepped over a line. Hopefully, with just a tiny little bit of extra care and vigilance, we can keep this place the free and happy one it has been.