Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #7686 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

1) What do you wish you knew more about?

Why my parents are the way they are, various unsolved disappearances, traditional/ancient methods of perfume making, beekeeping, falconry, sewing, (I have no excuse for not having learned to sew by now) anything and everything having to do with ancient Mesopotamia, Afro-Caribbean religions (as it's more difficult to find information about oral-based traditions past a certain point), various cooking methods of yore, gardening, Jupiter's moons, every currently active (but still relatively unknown) cult in the US, dermatology/rare skin conditions (it's endlessly fascinating to me)

2) What are some small things that make your day better?

Rainstorms, finding an obscure old beautifully illustrated children's book at a thrift store, befriending a new dog

3)What’s the last adventure you went on?

I can't think of anything. (And I always groan on the inside whenever people call any marginally whimsical activity an ~adventure, so.) I suppose walking to the store at night is always an adventure since I could be murdered at any moment.

4)How different was your life one year ago?

Well, my brother was alive, and I was taking care of him a lot. And I was living in Texas. That's basically the only difference.

5)Who inspires you to be better?

People like this.

6)What gets you going in the morning?

Self-loathing which I somehow manage to turn into motivation (but only barely)