Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #49281 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Seriously thinking about retiring. Been working full time for 42 years. After the house sells my monthly expenses are going to be approx. $1,500 including health insurance. I'll have $100K in the bank, $150K in my 401K, and in 4 years I'll start collecting about $1,800 a month in SS.

Think I can work out a deal with my boss where I stay on as a part time consultant (neither he or is wife is technical, plus I have the company's engineering data, doc control files, and product development history on an external hard drive here in the RV), as long as he pays for my insurance and cell phone. Pretty certain he'll go for this. That'll bring my monthly expenses down to $1,000.

So for 4 years while I wait on SS, I'll drain my savings by $12K a year.

I'm ****ing tired. Burned out. Beat the **** up. Sick of dealing with China. Sick of dealing with the whole "the customer is always right" ****ing concept. Just plain tired.

Gimme my 18 gallons of rum and let me ride off into the sunset.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote