Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #6005 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Do you think so? I loved it, but the reason given
Spoiler for in case anyone has not yet seen it:
(the kid being molested)
seemed awkward and badly-done to me. Like, it was not at all believable, not the way they portrayed it. That always left a bad taste in my mouth. Damn, that sounded wrong, didn't it?
Spoiler for broadchurch feelings:
Hmm, you think so? I thought it was fairly believable since it was implied that their meetings had been going on for a long time, so, he had plenty of time to groom Danny into accepting all of it (and it showed via flashbacks that sitting on his lap/kissing? was the extent of their physical relationship I think? Unless I'm not remembering correctly) -- and he did seem like an extremely manipulative person-- the killer, I mean. Forgot his name. However I'm not sure if it was really even necessary to add the whole molestation element, seeing as the killer's personality issues/intensity coupled with their inappropriate friendship would have been quite enough to lead to the kid's death, I figure. I don't know! Maybe if the flashbacks went farther back into their history it would have felt a little more believable/natural.