Music Banter - View Single Post - Everyone hates symphonic metal
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #52 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I think Nickelback would have the exact opposite effect. Chad Kroegers constipated crooning would ruin any good cacophony.
Well, yeah. (For whatever reason, grocery stores and terrible chain restaurants in north Texas love to exclusively play things like Nickelback and early 2000s country. I've endured far too much of it. Hearing a single note of any of those songs instantly brings back memories of sitting in a near-empty Applebees in 2005 with my grandparents or whoever & longing for death while they say increasingly racist and/or weird passive aggressive things at an increasingly loud volume.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Church.

Tatu also works quite well when you're in an insular military boarding school for boys with little to no contact with actual females. The revelation of their straight-hood was a betrayal. They lost 150 staunch fans.
Oh, yes, I'd imagine so. (nowadays there's at least two openly lesbian/bisexual pop singers, however, they don't do the whole over-the-top performative lesbian pining thing, so it likely isn't quite as compelling for present-day repressed + isolated teenz.)