Music Banter - View Single Post - Friends
Thread: Friends
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Ashley: Our mothers lived next door to each other while they were pregnant with us, so we were together all the time up until the age of 15 or so. (We had a, uh.. strange unspoken thing between us which I think was the final nail in the coffin. Her family was very, very country and conservative, so.) I did add her on Facebook recently but we haven't actually spoken in over a decade.

Tiffany: Met in the 2nd grade. We were both deeply uncool so we inevitably were drawn toward each other. (Her dad routinely grounded her from me, specifically though. This happened a lot with my friends) Best friends up until the age of 22 or so. Had a bad falling out. Haven't spoken to each other since.

Christina: Met in the 4th grade during computer class. We lived on the same street. One day she was riding her bike and I passed her on my rollerblades and she said "Wanna be friends?" and I said "Okay!" and that was that. (I wish things were that simple in adulthood) I tortured this poor girl so much when doing endless takes for my terrible short films, as she was often my only willing actress. Lost touch after the 7th grade or so. Saw each other once in a blue moon throughout high school. Haven't felt particularly compelled to make contact since then.

Julie: Friends between the ages of 6 and 8. She was two years older. She lived on my street and her mother was the coach of our town's tiny cheerleading team (for the childrens football team). It was humilitating; I was basically forced into it. Julie was sadistic and lied compulsively. We had strange little rituals. She convinced me that various objects in the neighborhood were sentient and demon-possessed. And once, before a boy I liked came over to play, she said, "You know, most people don't know this, but boys really only like girls who wear orange lipstick and green eyeshadow. And you have to speak in a sophisticated accent, too." Of course I believed this completely and wore her orange lipstick every time I saw a boy I liked for months afterward (while trying to speak in an alluring transatlantic type accent which just sounded completely bizarre mixed with my thick southern accent). We lost touch before I entered the fourth grade, but I ran into her by chance years later in the 8th grade when she was in town visiting. I spent the night but we lost contact after. Can't remember her last name, so I can't find her anyway.