Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Nuevo Dia" by Lole y Manuel
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I mean ja he's dope as hell and far and away the superior guitarist, but Lole y Manuel is a different animal. You shall see in my review. I may even break precedent and enter the matrix.
I am not telling you to pick Paco Pena over someone you like such as Lole y Manuel. It's more like if you want to delve into it as a musician, and perhaps do not know where to start, take Toques Flamencos into consideration. It's more of a suggestion. I don't know if you want to dive head first into traditional Flamenco, cause you want to play more of a hybrid style of Flamenco guitar. That is if you are looking at this more as a musician who aspires to play this music rather than album collector who is just listening to it for the enjoyment.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote