Music Banter - View Single Post - Please explain: Why do you dislike U2/Bono??
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaShells
I'm curious as to why so many people on MB seem to dislike U2 and Bono. U2 have been one of my favourite groups for years. I love their music and I think they are all very talented.

Without making derogatory or patronising comments, please explain to me why you dislike U2 or Bono. I'm sure you won't be able to change my mind about them, but I really am curious as to why they are so unpopular in MB world.
First of all, I agree with you on the part that U2's a good band that wrote some great songs throughout the years!!!

Now, in this time of their career, although they may be selling more records, I believe that the music isn't that great anymore!!!I liked the last album they put out in 2000 ("All That You Can't Leave Behind"), but think their latest album (2004's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb") is a great example of the band no longer having any good new material to put out for it's diehard fans.

In closing, I would have to say that they were a great band of the past, but a terrible/mediocre band for the future!!! Their ticket prices make that more and more evident even to the diehard U2 fans...what a shame, ya know?
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote