Music Banter - View Single Post - Listen with Trollheart
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Listen with Trollheart

Now that I've freed myself of my self-made burden, I'm going to start listening to music I want to listen to again. I'm going through my album collection and picking out one, or more, a day out to listen to, using this free program http://www.forman.free-online.co.uk/...er/publish.htm. It looks like my collection stands currently at around 7000 plus albums, so there's a lot for me to discover, or even rediscover. This is, for once, purely for my own enjoyment, so there will be no reviews, just the odd line, a few impressions, unless I feel like doing more.

If I've previously reviewed an album I'll point you in that direction in case you're interested. Each album will be rated with what has now become my go-to system, the speedometer rating. No recs, obviously, but if you want to ask if I have a particular album or artist, sure, why not? If I have it I'll kick the randomness to the kerb and spin that one. Not that I expect to be exactly inundated with requests, but not bothered about that. In fact, **** it: I'll mostly use random selections but some of the time I may just grab an album I really want to listen to, just because I want to. In direct contrast to just about any other thread I've ever made, the only rule here will be

Although many of these will be albums by artists I'm familiar with, there is still a good percentage of my collection I have yet to listen to. I'll indicate if that's the case by this icon

and if, after listening to the album, I feel compelled to seek out more of the artist's work, this icon.

If I'm already familiar with them, and/or have all their albums, then I'll use this one:

If it turns out to be utter shite, or just really disappointing or not what I thought it would be (in a bad way) I'll use this icon:

As in all my threads, anyone who wishes to comment is welcome to do so. I'll slap youtubes up for anything I can.

So, what's up first? Well, this, actually...

Eternal Return – Byron (2015)
Genre: Prog rock/art-rock/alt-rock

This really impressed me. Probably the first Romanian album I've ever listened to, certainly the first Romanian prog one. Not quite pure prog, but there are enough touches in there to qualify this as belonging primarily to that genre for me. Sort of remind me of Jadis at times. Who? **** off: this is for me, so if you don't know who they are, I don't care. Ah, freedom! Never even heard of this band before, but I'll be checking out more of their material.

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-19-2021 at 06:45 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote