Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Watching Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #227 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Have any of y'all watched Wild Wild Country (I think that's the name) on Netflix? About the cult in Oregon?

This was just an average day in the life for half of us at MB as children, I'm assuming.

Well I don't not like it so far; the problem is I'm really desensitized/easily bored when it comes to this particular type of humor since I grew up on it, so, most shows like this don't hold my attention for long. But I'm assuming it gets better based on what you said? (I generally prefer bleak and nihilistic when it comes to my stop-motion tv/film choices) however I've actually met people exactly like those in this first episode so I guess I can't really complain about that aspect.

(Some of these ancient reviews on IMDB are hilarious. "This cartoon is really meant for left wingers like me or maybe atheists or perhaps people WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR." and my favorite: "This show is great, don't listen to the tool, listen to TOOL" ..this is such a painfully 2006 comment)
It comes through in bits and pieces in the first season, more and more in the second, and then starting from the season 2 season finale the entire rest of the show is just bleak and depressing.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote