Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:21 PM   #223 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Can't spell glam without lam and you can't spell lame without lam so what does that tell you? Language doesn't lie, my friend. Grunge? Don't even get me started. I hate running.
I heard that GLAM, (the 80s' variety) stood for "*** LA Metal." True or not true, idk.

Interesting side note: Cinderella came from the Philly suburban area and I've seen where some don't consider them of that ilk (Glam). They were more Hard Rock & Blues Rock to them, saying that I'm not trying to exclude the band as Metal. If they were Glam it's by the same extension that STP was Grunge. When talking about time periods in music bands somehow pick up each others sound - I guess through osmosis.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote