Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sane Psycho's ****posting Odyssey
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 03:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Sane Psycho
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post

10/10
I'll be sure to check that out. I will take recommendations in this journal, but make sure it's available on YouTube or you provide a download link or something, because I don't feel like spending money just for the sake of ****posting. In the meantime, here's a review of Pinkerton.

Weezer- Pinkerton

Ugh. What a cringy album. This is another example of revisionist history winning yet again. You see, this album was pretty hated in it's own time. Critics gave it mediocre to negative reviews. Even the pathetic losers who actually liked Weezer hated this one for it's shift in sound and songwriting and even voted it Rolling Stone's third worst album of 1996. Now it's considered a masterpiece and one of the all time best albums. How the **** did that happen?

Funny thing about this album is that it wasn't even supposed to be their 2nd record. They originally were working on an album titled Songs From The Black Hole, a sci fi rock opera/concept album supposed to feature six different singers playing different characters with songs about relationships and disillusionment with the rock star lifestyle. However, after getting some leg surgery while attending Harvard, Grand Dictator Cuomo lost interest in the idea lost interest in the project even though everyone else on board wanted to go through with it. And thus, Pinkerton was born, with some of the material from SFTBH like Tired Of Sex and No Other One making their way onto the new album. He made the song The Good Life about his surgery and sang about wanting to get laid, which directly contradicts his desires in Tired Of Sex.

Remember how I complained about The Blue Album being sissy pop crap? Well, Pinkerton is more of that, only with a more "raw, noisy, dark" sound. Yeah, that's not pretentious hipster bull**** at all, oh no. Way to copy In Utero, guys. Oh, and Rivers Homo still whines about girls like a pansy 14 year old nerd, only to a much higher extreme. Seriously, all these songs are pathetic ramblings about failed relationships, being an awkward loser with low self esteem and anxiety, and not being able to talk to girls. I can see why this album became an influential landmark to gay emo bands. Cuomo also has an unhealthy Japanese fetish, as seen in songs like El Scorcho, Falling For You, and especially Across The Sea. The latter song, by the way, was written about a Japanese high school girl that Cuomo fell in love and became obsessed with after sending him some fan mail despite never meeting her. So in addition to being a weeaboo, he's also a stalker and possibly a pedophile? Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick. I seriously can't continue reviewing this. Let me just end this by saying this is the worst pile of **** I've ever heard in my life. -10/10
The Sane Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote