Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 05:26 AM   #137 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Attempting to take a break from listening to crappy music has ironically caused me much more pain than most of the stuff I've been through on Spotify the last few days.

I needed a break from my Britney Spears album-marathon, so I thought, why not listen to the new Kylie Minogue album?

It's the first 2018 album that I've listened to in full, and it's a terrible way to start a new year in music.

Kylie Minogue - Golden

After a bad breakup, Kylie went to Nashville with the aims of watering down her music by collaborating with songwriters that have worked with Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran. The project went along without a hitch and she got the awful mom-core album she was apparently dying to make.

Listen to the song "Love" if you want to feel what it's like to have your brain drilled out with a spike of frozen, white bread.

I hate this album. Easily the worst in her entire discography.

Front to back, it's nothing but these country pop dance numbers and ballads with absolutely not a shred of any good hooks, appealing musical arrangements or even decent production. The whole album sounds so bland that it feels like it's guaranteed to be the biggest disappointment of 2018 for me. I mean, who could possibly make a worse album?

1/10
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote