Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #141 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
There are similar sounds used for MMM, but it's too diverse throughout the album for me to call it repetitious. And it's not abrasive you pansy.

I think that both theories are true: they were ideas that Reed wanted to try out and his label also would hate it. Win win win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
There was a certain droning noise that appears on so much of the album that I had a hard time getting around it. I even got a bit angry when the second track started with that noise again, because I really hoped that would be the end of it. I'm not saying there's no change at all on the album, but I really wanted it to take a more dynamic and varied approach than it does. I think that, intentionally or not, Lou Reed has crafted one of the least welcoming noise albums ever.
Quote:
Sounds like you missed the variety tbh. It's a subtle variety but no two moments on the record are the same apart from the closing loop.

That's adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Like I said, it's not very accessible to plebs who don't appreciate the genre.

Seriously. Any other crazy ass, abrasive, mentally taxing noise project I've listened to felt less like actually sticking my head in a tumble drier full of screws.
Quote:
Does that category include more than 10 albums? Because that's--and I don't mean this as an insult--hella ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It really isn't. It's actually oddly lush and euphoric, like the aural equivalent of the instant of brain death followed by seeing god. It took me a few times listening to it but eventually I got over the hump and it's now pretty fantastic and I don't even listen to noise.
Look, all you need to know is that I listened to it and I ****ING LOVED IT! Me, the noise hater! Me, who was forced to listen to Merzbow (yeah I know but still) - now if you want pointless, abrasive, let-me-out-of-my-brain noise, he's your man. Hell, listen to him and you'll go back to Lou thinking, how relaxing. Seriously. These guys above know what they're talking about.