Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Jordan: the Comeback" by Prefab Sprout
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #45 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Nah, just showing you that, no matter how great you (and a lot of others, no doubt) think certain music may be, there are those who will never "appreciate" it. And it's the same with anything. So I could tell you to listen to this over and over again, and you'd never get it. As I would never get TMR if I did the same. Our minds are, essentially, closed to the music of each other. I don't like yours (and really don't want to like it), you don't like mine, and will take any opportunity to put it down.

That's what you don't seem to accept about TMR, much jazz, experimental, your own music, all the music you like. I just don't like it, and I should not be accused of simply not being able to get it, just as you should not be accused of not being able to get my music. You don't like it: that's fine. I have absolutely zero problem with that, or indeed with anyone else who hates it. I'm used to that sort of reaction by now. I'm not going to constantly bring this album up whenever you diss my music and tell you you don't know what you're talking about. Sound familiar at all?
So you genuinely don't understand how revisiting challenging records can make them more accessible. Got it.

Quote:
I just would have had a little more respect for you, had you not dismissed it on the basis of one track. I expected a little more consideration, and I think anyone would expect their album, no matter how distasteful it might be to the person listening, to at least get a fair, and if possible, full, or as close to full as the listener could manage, hearing. That's all. I don't expect you to like it. I did expect you to give it a fair chance.
I can respect that but to be fair, what I heard was absolutely terrible.

Quote:
I personally find lots to admire about this album
LIKE WHAT?

I'm asking you because you have a entirely different perspective on the record than I do and I find that interesting because you probably noticed things about the record that I didn't. Talking about music is a great way to waste your time, let's try it out.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote