Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #152 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Hmm. I get some of what you're saying - I can definitely see they were going for a kind of one-speck-in-the-vastness-of-the-cosmos kind of thing, very epic and dramatic. The compositional details, sadly, are mostly lost on me. I did play - keyboards - really badly, but I have little clue as to how music is made up or played, and I haven't played (to be extremely generous with the term when applied to my dabblings) for decades now.

But I really enjoyed this and I've gone ahead and got their discography, so I'll be listening to them more. Thanks for the rec.

We'll see what happens when I give Tori a shot. I'll let you know when I have my review written on that. Thanks for the opportunity to contribute; even if I've sworn off journals, it's nice to write and post the odd piece, keep my hand in, as it were.
I dig all of their albums, especially the 3rd album "Of Breath and Bone". I often blast the two first tracks off that album for a quick melodic death metal fix. I've got a few other CD's more or less tied to this genre, but Be'Lakor sit on 95% of my listening time with melodic death metal.

I'm looking forward to your reaction to that Tori Amos album. I still remember how you were less than impressed with her 2009 album, which you reviewed a few years ago. I'm hoping this one (From The Choirgirl Hotel) turns out to be more your thing, but I'm not betting on it
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote