Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Jordan: the Comeback" by Prefab Sprout
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I think Asia has gotten some love on the forum. I like Living on a Prayer and Don’t Stop Believing. It might seem like a small concession but a good song goes a long way with me.
There are actually at least two bands called Asia, which band are you guys talking about?

I am a fan of both. I like the British super-group called Asia (with the original line-up: Steve Howe, Geoff Downes, Carl Palmer, and John Wetton) I also like the Rapid City band called Asia. I intended the to post the '82 debut album by British super-group Asia mostly because in a way I was super-curious to see how Trollheart would pan Asia like how he puts down Abacab or anything I like. So I was looking for Trollheart to tell me what Asia done wrong, but I might not ever know.

Back when blank. made MB Classics, I took my list I was intending for The Album Club and put them there. Now they seem to be permanently stuck in a queue. So for better or worse they are there, and they could have been the albums up for review in The Album Club.
  1. Blind Willie McTell ‎– Atlanta Twelve String (1949 recording)
  2. The Only Ones - The Only Ones (1978)
  3. Asia - Asia (1982)
  4. All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors - All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors (1996)
  5. Gregory & The Hawk ‎– Moenie And Kitchi (2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
17. Were you surprised by your reaction - positive or negative - to the album?
Kind of. I often don't like Neapolitan's picks, and usually when Occult calls an album “unassailable” I tend to disagree, but here I have to agree whole-heartedly.
I don't understand why Trollheart said "picks" (plural), cause I only had one pick prior to that album in The Album Club. It seems like a Freudian slip perhaps where he made up his mind and will always deliberately not like my album picks. Unless he was talking about the other list? idk

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 04-10-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote