Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #434 (permalink)
Nick1976
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
They were surrounded by cross dressing bro dudes snorting cocaine and making terrible ****ing music. How is that not a miserable existence?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9maDHDtWo1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvBVKis9bwc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O317T6Zlno Grunge didn't kill anything. The music labels forced it down everyones throats and told everybody it was cool. Which is something they could do then as all people had was radio MTV/VH1 and music rags. And not something they could do now. There is no grunge left... it's all post-grunge, and that **** is ridiculous... has been since the late 90's and early 2000's. Glam Metal is pretty much my favorite style of metal mainly due to how great the guitar parts were. That's one thing that's always boggled me when people scoff at it, whether they be thrash fans or not, was how one could possibly snuff these guitar wizards like Vito Bratta of White Lion, Reb Beach of Winger, George Lynch of Dokken/Lynch Mob and dozens of others. I also happen to enjoy bands like Pantera, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and especially Metallica, especially since Metallica happens to be one of my all time favorite bands. WASP wasn't really glam, they were shock rock, and aside from Electric Circus and TLC they were a metal band. Go give a listen to their catalog from '89 forward, Headless Children, Crimson Idol, KFD, Unholy Terror, Dying for the World, Dominator, Neon God I and II, and Babylon are kickass metal albums with a touch of prog. They have more in common with Maiden and Megadeth than Motley Crue and Poison. Most important of all is that those girly looking boys in drags could ****ing shred and write amazing songs. Lead guitar players like Warren DiMartini (Ratt), George Lynch (Dokken), Snake Sabo (Skid Row), Carlos Cavazo (Quiet Riot), Randy Rhoads (Quiet Riot, Ozzy), Vito Bratta (White Lion), Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Reb Beach (Winger) etc., are ****ing GUITAR GODS and were hugelly influential on upcoming guitar players (even for thrash metal shredders of the era). Go listen to those early Dokken, Wasp, Ratt, Motley, Def Leppard records. Beautiful arragements, cool as **** heavy riffs, pounding drumming. Come on! Glam Metal (besides the looks) was AMAZING! ****ty grunge came along and killed good music. Dokken, musically lyrically are far superior than any grunge band ever. Hey everyone, let's write 3 chords and write songs about how we are a bunch of whiney pussys. Let's all whine & bitch. Then ultimately shoot ourself. Only bad that was any good at all was/is Alice In Chains!! Even then it was more just their first album: Facelift. Grunge sucked ass! I remember when it first came out and I was like "These guys only know how to play 3 chords. Mother****'n lame!" It was boring and ****ty back then and it's just as boring and ****ty now. In fact it's probably even more boring and ****ty now than it was back then. The only reason Grunge became popular is because of posers like Kurt "Oh! I'm so depressed and in emotional pain even though I'm a millionaire" Cobain. ****'n hack!
There's a difference between being inspired by something and just plain ripping something off. At least with Glam Metal each band tried to put their own spin on things. Cinderella sounded more bluesy than say Dokken who had a more traditional metal sound, while Warrant had a more poppy sound. With Grunge, they all sound exactly the same. Same Eddie Vedder singing style, same poorly tuned guitars, same generic power chords.
Nick1976 is offline   Reply With Quote