Music Banter - View Single Post - Mice
Thread: Mice
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Mice

No, not the computer kind and not the cartoon ones either. Real ones. Urgh! You ever been infested? We had a nest of them in the shed last year (pest control guy said a conservative estimate would be about 170 of the ****ers! Took a few weeks and a LOT of poison to get rid. Mind you, our shed was a ****ing mouse Mecca: old boxes gone soggy with mould and damp, old paint cans, rotten wood ... even an ancient radiogram that was only being held together by the various woodworm living in it.

After they were gone (and I knew they were) I hired someone to clear the whole place out, and now there's nothing there. Completely empty. **** off mice and find a new home.

And now they're back.

But this time it's not us. They've come, said the same pest control guy, from someone else's shed/garden/house/whatever, and have been attracted to our garden by the frigging birdseed I leave out. Wanted to have the small remaining grass area concreted over, so as to minimise spilled seed and make it easier to sweep up. It's approx 100 square feet (25 x 4) and some guy wanted 800 Euro for the job! I ... thought about it and then forgot to call him back.

But I tell you, there's little creepier than looking out the window and seeing those little ****s dart back and forth, into the shed (even though it's empty now, I guess it's shelter as it's dry) from the poison boxes and back, along the walls, INTO the ****ing wall (they found small holes they can get through) and occasionally move like they're on ****ing WHEELS up the garden. Jesus! I hope they all die soon.

And before you ask, no, my cats are no use. Too well-fed and not interested in chasing mice cos, you know, that's like work, man. I'd rather stay in here and sleep, if it's all the same to you.

Anyone else had this problem at all? If you think mice are cute and harmless, watch them advance like little ****ing soldiers up your lawn, and then talk to me.