Music Banter - View Single Post - Fortnite
Thread: Fortnite
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 05:17 AM   #26 (permalink)
Akai
Godless Ape

Honestly I don't get battle royale games.

I get why people can enjoy them but I don't get the hype around them.

I guess it's like every other game fad these days.

People play what everybody else does, not nessesarily because they wanted to or because they were waiting for it.

Not to mention it's been in early access for ****ing ages, people are hyping around an unfinished game.

The problem with fads and everyone shoving specific game coverage down everyone's throats is that devs who are looking to make new IPs are just making the same **** all the other devs are making in the spotlight.

An example of this would be Cliff Bleszinski and his team.
After Gears 4 he was looking for a new IP and instead of being creative and thinking of something new and increasing, he just looked and overwatch' success and made Lawbreakers.

After that flopped in terms of sales the team just abandoned it, saw the success of battle royale games and obviously just went with a simular approach to Fortnite eg. art direction, gameplay etc.

Now their IP is Radical Heights which looks predictable as well as cynical.
Hopefully (at least) it can do something different with the genre.

''To be honest, in my opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view,
but also by looking into this matter from a different perspective and by considering each and every one's valid opinion,
I do believe that I forgot what I was going to say.''

S p o t i f y

Last edited by Akai; 04-15-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote