Music Banter - View Single Post - Permabanned Members With High Post Counts
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

It's kind of hard to say in those cases, since those bans were predicated on specific events and multiple temp bans that often happened widely apart and are difficult to assess years after the fact. The only two I can think of in all my time are Sansa and JWB. JWB was always pushing the limits, and after his, I believe, second ban kind of went all in and clearly didn't give a **** about saying whatever could get him banned. He definitely brought it on himself and never even really posted much about music, so it was clearly a case of banning a troll.

Sansa was a very longtime member who just had a cracked out personality where she would occasionally just lose the plot and go on abusive screeds for a few days or a week or whatever, and sometimes she went hella far. She got a lot of chances, but she just had too many one-offs that she got banned for and finally got that one last ban. She could be a legit contributing member, but to keep her indefinitely would definitely have been a sign that the mods were simply not going to perma ban members with "tenure".
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote