Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 02:19 AM   #6049 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

The Terror
Oh my <3
Based on a book by Dan Simmons, which was based on the infamous Franklin's lost expedition.
And it's lovely. In a "we're all gonna die in the worst ways imaginable" way of lovely.. which might make me sound like a psycho, I guess
I binge watched the whole 10 episodes series yesterday, I launched episode 1 eating breakfast.. and then I realized I've just finished episode 7 and simply have to finish it asap.
I won't spoil the story, though it is following the historical events mostly, so it shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who read about it earlier.
Production wise, I don't think there's anything I can really say that failed. Acting was great, costumes etc too, music was fitting, cgi was invisible (they filmed most of the show in a studio in Hungary).
And great performances all around, I really can't find a single weak link in the cast. Jared Harris - captain Francis Crozier stole the show imo, but the rest of the cast was just as good - dr Goodsir played by Paul Ready and mr Blanky played by Ian Hart and of course, Cornelius Hickey (Adam Nagaitis).
Don't want to spoil anything, so I'll stop here.
If you're looking for a dark, mature tv show that builds up the dread not with jump scares but with atmosphere, it can't get much better than The Terror imo.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote